Create and Manage Dashboards
Account Owners can configure custom dashboards for Administrators and Learners. This can be done by accessing the Custom Dashboards feature tile, or, by clicking on the "manage dashboards" button from the Administrator Dashboard page. Either click-path will route the Account Owner to the litmos.com/admin/dashboard/AdminDashboards page.
On this page, the Account Owner can choose to create a new dashboard for Administrators or Learners by clicking the "Create Dashboard" button on the appropriate page.
This will route the Account Owner to the dashboard editor page for the selected access level.
The Account Owner can enter a title and description for the dashboard, and then begin adding widgets to the dashboard layout by clicking the "Add Widgets" button and selecting the appropriate widgets to add. The list of available widgets will appear in the list.
Admin Dashboard Editor:
Admin dashboard widgets include:
- Enrollment Approvals
- Historical Charts
- Login Map
- Reports at a Glance
- Marking Required
- Quick Actions
- Recently Viewed
Learner Dashboard Editor:
Learner dashboard widgets include:
- Assigned Metrics
- Assigned Training
- ILT Calendar
- Login Week Streak
- Manager Approvals
- Manager Escalations
- My Favorites
- My Uploaded Content
- Recent Achievements
- Recently Viewed
- Recommended for Me
Important Note: If a feature has not been enabled for the organization, it is possible that the widget may not appear in the list of available widgets to add. Please be sure to enable the features that a widget may depend on. The following widgets require a corresponding feature to be enabled:
- Manager Approvals (user viewing dashboard must be a manager)
- Manager Escalations (user viewing dashboard must be a manager)
- My Uploaded Content ("Enable learner content creation" must be enabled on the Assets feature)
- Recommended for Me (Recommended Courses feature must be enabled)
Once widgets have been added to the dashboard editor they can be moved around the layout and resized as desired. To move widgets around the layout, simply click and drag the widget into the desired slot. To change the sizes of the widgets, click and hold on the widget border and then drag to resize the widget. As the widgets are moved around and resized, a preview of the dashboard will begin to unveil itself.
To remove a widget from the dashboard, click the gear icon in the top right corner of the widget border and select "delete widget".
Before saving the dashboard, the Account Owner should decide if this is going to be the "default" dashboard for the Admin or Learner View. The default dashboard would be the dashboard that all Administrators and/or Learners see if they belong to the default Brand. If a dashboard needs to be set as the default, the Account Owner will select the checkbox "Make default dashboard" under the description text box.
Once the dashboard has been configured to the desired layout with the appropriate details entered/selected, the Account Owner will click "save".
After the dashboard has been saved, it will appear in the list of custom dashboards. If the dashboard has been selected as the "default", the dashboard tile that appears would display text that says, "Default Dashboard".
Understanding the Default Dashboard
- There can only be one default dashboard for Administrators and one default dashboard for Learners.
- The dashboard marked as default cannot be deleted. This means that the default dashboard on the org will not display a trash can icon.
- The Learner dashboard selected as the default will always be aligned to the default Brand. Why is this? It's important to remember that the default brand cannot be deleted either, and each user record must belong to a Brand. A new user record will inherit the default brand unless that user record has a custom brand set. For this reason, our system has a fail safe rule to ensure that the default brand record always has the default learner dashboard record associated. Custom brands can have any Learner dashboard associated to it though.
- If a learner dashboard record gets deleted, any brand which had this dashboard allocated to it would inherit the default dashboard set on the org (to ensure that the brand is not left without a learner dashboard).
- If there is no default brand set on your org for Admins or Learners, a system default dashboard would appear. This ensures that the dashboard view is never blank. Once a default dashboard has been marked, the system default dashboard will not show any longer because the default dashboard can never be deleted.
System Default Admin Dashboard
System Default Learner Dashboard
Team Admin and Team Leader Dashboard View
All Team Administrators and Team Leaders will see the same Admin Dashboard view when logging into the Litmos app. This is not configurable by Account Owners and will not change when a "default" Admin Dashboard has been set for the org.
This is because some widgets available to Administrators will not display to Team Admins and Team Leaders (i.e. login map, historical charts, reports at a glance and enrollment approvals). In order to avoid scenarios where Team Admin and Team Leaders may have empty spaces in their dashboard views, all widgets that are visible for TA/TL to view have been made available in a system hard-coded dashboard that displays to users that have these access levels.
Important Note: The custom dashboards feature has been released with the August 2020 product update. As a result, some organizations may still be using "legacy" Admin dashboard that was previously configured from the past versions of the app. If this is the case, the Team Admins and Team Leaders would continue to see the legacy Admin dashboard until a new Admin dashboard has been created and marked as the "default". All legacy Admin dashboards will be removed in the November 2020 product update, so if no change is made before that product update, the Team Admins and Team Leaders would begin to see the generic TA/TL Admin Dashboard at that time.
Important Note: A new feature to allow Team Administrators and Team Leaders to create their own dashboards is currently under review by the SAP Litmos product team.
Associating Learner Dashboards to Brands
The Learner Dashboards can be associated to a Brands! This gives organizations the flexibility to distribute different Learner dashboards to different users across Brands. To associate a Learner dashboard to a Brand an Account Owner can choose a Brand right from the Learner dashboard editor, or select a custom Dashboard to associate to the Brand from the Brand Theme settings.
Learner Dashboard Editor
Once a Learner dashboard has been created, an Account Owner can actually align that dashboard to a Brand theme by clicking the button "Custom Brand" from the dashboard editor. However, if a Brand already has a Learner dashboard given for its Brand theme, then the Account Owner must navigate to the Brand theme to apply an explicit change to replace the dashboard currently associated to the Brand theme. This means that only Brands without dashboards explicitly given can be selected from the modal on the Learner dashboard editor.
Brand Theme Settings
If there is already a Learner dashboard associated to the brand, choosing a new Learner dashboard from the Brand Theme settings will replace the existing one. Once a Learner dashboard has been selected and the changes have been saved, the Learner dashboard name will appear under the "search for a Brand" button on the Brand Theme page to indicate that the dashboard has been aligned to the Brand theme.