Manual Content Tagging
Content Tags are keyword, label or metadata that can be used to define content on multiple
dimensions, such as type of content or the subject matter of the content.
Tagging is an important tool for an Administrator, as it makes it simple to group and organize similar content, be it Module, Asset, Course, Learning Path or Collection, without having to add keywords explicitly in the title or description of the content.
Tagging provides a more granular grouping for content, unlike Topics and previously categories, which typically assign broader content groupings. Users will be able to discover relevant content in the library faster, using more intuitive search terms with Tags.
The Content Tagging feature can be enabled from within the Accounts Settings> Features> Content
- Account owners can add, update and delete tags from the master Tag page at any time.
- Content count on each tag represents the total number of content objects associated with
a particular tag.
- An AI Tag column represents if the tag was generated manually or by AI Video tagging
Once enabled, every content type in the system (Modules, Assets, Courses, Learning Paths and Collections) can be set to have unique set of tags. Admins can associate tags to any content type either by selecting tags from the master list or by creating a new tag on the go, right from the content settings page, as needed.
If a tag already exists in the system, it will appear in the recommended drop down list. Duplicate tags cannot be created. To associate a tag to a content object, the Admin will
- Type in the tag (or tags) as coma separated values and click '+add' or hit enter. This will add the tags the content object in the UI.
- The Admin will need to ‘Save’ the settings before the tag is associated with the content.
- Navigating out without ‘clicking’ on save will lose the tags and won't save.
Once the Content Tagging feature is enabled and tags are set for all the content objects, disabling the feature at the org level only disables the ability to add or remove tags from content . The existing tags will be available in view only mode on the content settings page.
Tagging Best Practices:
- Each content type will support up to 20 tags that can be up to 30 characters long.
- Special characters and spaces are not supported in tags.
- Underscore (‘_’) is the only accepted special character.
- Tags should be a single word string with no space(s) or strings separated by an underscore For example, “HumanResources” or
- Tags are not case sensitive.
- Tags are unique and can't be duplicated.
- Tags can be created in all SAP Litmos Training supported languages.
- The GET /courses/[courseid] API will support the Tags parameter.
- Tags are searchable on the Admin and Learner content library. Users can also filter based on
- Once tags are enabled and configured for any content object, the ability to search on
tags will always be supported, even if the Content Tagging Feature is disabled.
- All existing Category labels will be automatically converted into Tag labels ( following the Special character rules mentioned above)
- Any Categories that were associated to a course will now be associated to the course as Tags. following the 20 Tag limit mentioned above)
- Multi-word Categories will be combined into a single word string with an underscore to replace the space(s).
- Direct links to the Categories will continue to be supported to allow smooth direct linking to
Tags, post release.
AI Tagging - Video Modules only
As an extension to Content Tagging, Administrators can now harness the power of AI and ML (Machine Learning) to automatically tag their video content. Save time and effort by using the AI Video Tagging Feature to create tags for all your video modules.
The AI Video Tagging Feature can be enabled within the Content Tagging Feature under Accounts Settings> Features> Content Tagging> Enable AI Video Tagging. Once switched on, AI tagging can be selected each time a video module is uploaded.
The AI Tagging process can take several minutes to complete and will display as ‘AI video tagging currently processing’ until complete. Up to 10 AI tags will be added to the processed video module.
The AI Video tagging will then process your uploaded video content and analyze the audio component for keywords based on context and relevance. (Please note that video files without audio will not produce any tags.) The tags will display in the module and can be edited in the same way as manually created tags.
AI Video Tagging is currently available for English language videos only.
Note: For clients on AU or EU, Enabling AI Video Tagging will store and process the submitted video content via US based Google Cloud Platform server.