What is the general change log policy for GDPR?
Data Protection Policy (DPP) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements enforce, “Logging of successful and unsuccessful attempts to read user’s personal data and the ability to log any changes to personal data.”
- User's personal data includes all user profile fields including the Custom fields.
- By default, logging will be turned on to capture personal data changes.
- Activity logs have been enhanced to display original and new values for all updates to the account profile and user profiles (including custom fields).
- Account profile changes are only visible to Account owners.
- All user's profile fields are considered PII by default.
- Activity logging had been enhanced to capture field level changes to user’s personal data (PII data):
User and Account Profile pages: Navigation updates
The Account Settings page, User profile page and My profile & settings pages have each been updated (for performance and better logging to comply with GDPR requirements) wherein users can now edit individual sections of the profile form rather than the whole form. There are no changes to the feature functionality.
- Account owners can also mark all 35 custom fields as sensitive PII when applicable for reference.
Dashboard → Activity Logs Updates
This release will have an updated dashboard activity log. The logs will be grouped under the following new categories
- Login Activity - Log-in activities of system user
- Email/ Messages - Email sent to system users log
- Actions - User actions log
- Assignments - User and team Assignments to Courses and LP logs
- Settings - Course, LP and team settings change log
- Content - Content added to Course and LP
- User and Account profile updates - logs on Field level updated
- Achievements - User achievements log
- Profile View - User personal data view log
The highlighted categories are new logs that will capture field level changes to User PII data and user profile views (PII data views) via view profile, reports and API
This new log UI includes the ability to filter by category, with a date range or by custom search. Administrators can download the Log for custom filtering as well from the Dashboard → Activity widget.