Team Leaders/Admins can assign courses to their team and/or members of the team if the course is:
1) Assigned to the Team Leader/Team Admin
2) Made available to the team lead/admin either in the Course Library, Team Course Library, or
individual Team Leader Course Library.
3) Created by the Team Leader/Admin.
How does the Account Owner or Administrator make courses available to the Team Leaders? Two simple steps:
- The Account Owner or Administrator can add the course to the Team Leader/Team Admin course library or the Team course library. This action makes the course available for the Team leader/Team Admin to assign to learners on the Team.
- Team Leaders/Team Admins can then assign the course or learning path to Learners in their Team. The current functionality does not change, the Team Leader/Admins now simply have access to more courses or learning paths that could be assigned to learners via the following pages provided they have the permissions:
Team Course Page, People Course Page, Course People Page, Course Team Page, Learning Path People Page, Learning Path Team Page, Team Learning Path Page and People Learning Path Page.
Does the Team Leader/Admin also get assigned to the courses made available?
No. The Team Lead/Admin will not be assigned to these courses that are in the team leader library, team library or course library. The Team Lead/Admin will also not get assigned to the course if the course is assigned individually to users of the team. However, if the course is assigned to the team, then the course will also be assigned to the Team Lead/Admin.
What does the Team Leader/Team Admin see when they view the Team Course Library or Team Learning Path Library?
Team Leaders/Team Admins will only see the courses and learning paths that are in the team course library or team learning path library. However, if they try to add courses to the team course library or team learning path library, they will see the courses that they created, the courses they are assigned to and the courses that are in the team leader library and they would have the ability add those to the team library.
Where can the Team Leader/Team Admin see all these courses or learning paths that have been made available in the Team Leader Library?
By default, the Team Leader/Team Admin will see these courses or learning paths in the library on the learner view. The team lead/admin will also see these courses or learning paths in the modals where they can select courses or learning paths to assign to the team or individual learners of the team.
If Read Only permissions "Allow read only access to all courses and learning paths that have been made available for assignment” have been been granted to the Team leaders/ Team Admins, then the Team Leaders/Team Admins can now see all courses that are either in the course library, team library, team leader library or courses that have been assigned to the team lead/team on the Course Page. Please reference the following support article for more details.
Roles and Permissions:
What can Team Leaders/Team Admins do with the courses made available on the course page?
- Team Leaders/Team Admins can click on the read only courses or learning paths to access the following course tabs:
- Content: Displays a list of modules without any ability to edit the modules.
- Ratings: Only displays user ratings for people on the team.
- Team Leaders/Team Admins will now also have the ability to register and unregister team members into ILT sessions for courses that are assigned or made available to them via the library. Reference this support article for more details.
- Team Leaders/Team Admins can now also create learning paths with the read only courses if they have the Manage courses and learning paths permission checked.
If a Team Leader/Team Admin is a leader/admin of multiple teams, does the Course made available show up in both teams?
No. This will only show in the team that the course/learning path was made available in, both on the Course page and all other pages where the course/learning path can be assigned.
Can the Team Lead/Admin assign the Course made available to the Sub teams?
Yes. The Team leads/admins will be able to assign the course made available in the parent team to the sub team or to members of the sub team.