The Instructor Led Training account management options available for Account Owners include the following:
- Location list
- Instructor List
- Resource List
- Additional Settings
Navigate to Account --> Features --> Instructor Led Training to access these ILT management options:
Master List of ILT Locations
It's important to add locations to this master Location list, so that these locations appear to Administrators when creating an ILT session This way, the Administrator knows this location is available to select by default. Admins can also search on these location and update it as needed.
Example of choosing a location while creating an ILT session. A search option allows the admins to find the relevent session quickly and with ease.
When adding a location to the master list of ILT locations for the account, be sure to add as much detail as possible so that the Administrator can "View Location Details", which is most helpful during the scheduling process:
Location details added to Master Location List:
Location details visible to Administrator during ILT scheduling:
Master List of ILT Instructors
It's important to add instructors to this master Instructor list for a couple of reasons:
- If a user is not an Account Owner and not an Administrator, and needs to be selected as an Instructor for an ILT session, the user must be promoted to an Instructor through the Master Instructor List.
- If a user who is an instructor needs to manage sessions via the Instructor tab on the Learner view, the user needs to be promoted to an Instructor through the Master Instructor list.
By nature, all Account Owners and Administrators are Instructors and thus don't need to be promoted to have Instructor abilities, All other users in the system can be promoted to instruct an ILT (Instructor Lead Training) session. To promote a user as an instructor:
- Navigate to the Account Settings
- Select the Litmos Features sub tab
- Select the icon next to "Instructor Lead Training"
- From the "Instructors" section, select "Add An Instructor"
- Find the user(s) to promote to instructor and check the box next to their name(s)
- Click "Assign"
- NOTE: An instructor needs to have an email address in their profile to allow for calendar invites to function with Outlook.
Once a user has been listed as an instructor:
- They can be selected as an instructor by and Administrator when created or editing a session
- An Administrator can view all the sessions they are instructing by selecting the "Instructor Schedule" in their profile
- Instructors will have the "Instructor" tab in the learner view that lists all sessions they have instructed and are scheduled to instruct. Instructors can also mark Roll Call and completion status for learners registered to attend sessions they instruct.
If the user is a Team Administrator, Team Leader or Learner, then he/she will need to be promoted to inherit Instructor access.
Once the user is promoted as an Instructor, the Instructor tab will become available to the end-user in the Learner View. This is the tab where Instructors can view future sessions, past sessions, log "time-off" and perform an ILT attendance roll-call:
Also, once a user is promoted to an Instructor, Administrators will have the ability to manage and review this person's Instructor details from the persons profile record:
Administrators can also begin to add this person as a "Proficient Instructor" for courses too, which means this person is a skilled professional for the subject matter of the course and would be the ideal Instructor to lead an ILT session on that course.
Once an Instructor is added as a "Proficient Instructor" for a course, the person will be shown on the user profile when an Admin is viewing the Instructor's "Proficient Courses":
This feature is most useful for the Administrators who are tasked to schedule an Instructor to lead a live training session, because "Proficient Instructors" will appear atop the Instructor list during this Instructor assignment. This way, the most qualified Instructors appear first in the list.
Example of choosing an Instructor while creating an ILT session:
Once one or more Instructors have been added to the ILT session, they will appear within the Instructor section on the page. To check for any conflicts relating to the availability of an Instructor(s) for the session(s), click the "check conflict" button on the session creation page.
If the session type is GoToTraining, Webex or Zoom, only Instructors who are authorized to lead these sessions can be selected into the Instructor List and an Administrator will need to select the "host" for the session (the instructor who will lead the online session in GoToTrianing, Webex or Zoom and therefore be the session "leader" for the meeting created).
Once an Instructor is 'set to host', this will display in the Instructor List:
Master List of ILT Resources
Resources are items that Instructors would use to help facilitate instruction. It's important to add resources to the master resources list, so that Administrators and Instructors can know which resources are and are not available to reserve for an instructor led training.
When an Account Owner proceeds to click the "add resource" button, a new resource can be added to the master resource list. A resource name, type, cost and notes can be specified:
Once resources have been added to the master resource list, Administrators can choose to reserve these resources for the ILT session(s) they are creating.
Example of choosing a Resource while creating an ILT session:
Once a resource(s) have been selected for the session, they will display under the resources section on the page. To check for any conflicts relating to the availability of a resource for the session(s), click the "check conflict" button on the session creation page.