Traditionally, ILT sessions needed to be created individually or uploaded into Litmos in bulk via CSV import. With the introduction of recurring ILT sessions, live training sessions for an ILT module can be configured to repeat over a specific time-frame or for a number of specified occurrences within an ILT module from the create ILT session workflow!
In the example above, a new recurring ILT session is going to be created with the following attributes:
- The live session will recur on the weekly recurrence period and is configured to recur every 2 weeks.
- During the weeks with which the sessions are offered (bi-weekly), the live session will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The recurring session will begin on August 31st and end on December 31st.
Recurring Session Details
Recurring sessions can be configured to recur at a daily, weekly or monthly frequency. Each recurrence period offers slightly different recurring session details to be configured. Below are snapshots of the recurring session details for each:
While each recurrence frequency offers different configuration settings, there are certain rules enforced for all recurring sessions that are created:
- If the recurring session is to end after a certain number of occurrences, the number of occurrences cannot be greater than 100.
- If the recurring session is to end by a specific date, the end date cannot be more than a calendar year beyond the start date for the recurrence range.
- Once a recurring session is created and saved, the recurring session type and details cannot be edited.
- Only certain details can be edited when editing the entire range of recurring sessions. However, more options are available to edit when an Admin edits a single session of all the sessions in the recurrence range.
- If a single session belonging to the range of recurring sessions is edited and saved, it will not belong to the group of recurring sessions any longer, and this, will need to be managed separately moving forward.
- Litmos does not offer multi-day recurring sessions at this time (meaning each session that recurs across the range of sessions can only last a single day). If you wish to create a range of multi-day recurring sessions, create a range of recurring sessions and edit the sessions to "add another day" for sessions that must last longer than a single day.
To edit the details across a range of recurring sessions, click "edit recurring session" from the session detail panel body in the Calendar View, or, Click "edit recurring session" from the link available from the List View:
If a recurring session is edited (meaning the edit wasn't applied to the entire group of recurring sessions), the session will be decoupled from those recurring sessions.
This means, any edit to the group of recurring sessions will not be applied. Once a session is edited and saved, the session will exist independent of the recurring sessions that were originally created.
As with all sessions that belong to an ILT module, Learners only need to complete one session in order for the Learner to fulfill the ILT module. Also, once a Learner registers to one of the recurring ILT sessions, none of the other recurring sessions will be visible to the Learner: