The configuration of a new LMS is only part of the story for successfully launching a new LMS. It is vital that your stakeholders across all levels know it is coming, and are excited for its arrival.
Below are a few tips for achieving just that!
- Run a naming competition for the new LMS, involve everyone!
- Allow managers of employees to have an input on choosing the content which will benefit their team. It will give them a sense of ownership.
- Provide an introduction message & course from senior executives. (this engages both the execs and the learners!)
- Early & often. Make people aware that Litmos is coming, and not just that it has arrived!
- Send targeted emails, provide insight into specific benefits this will bring to specific people.
- Hang posters around offices
- Get managers to discuss the new LMS with their employees. Provide them with messaging guidelines.
You must be excited, Get others excited too.
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Ask people questions. Lots of people, lots of questions. (They might even have a great idea you've not thought about)
Have a Launch Event!
- Balloons, cakes, make a big deal about the launch date!
Ensure no learners enters an empty dashboard
- Provide learners with content from the start. No one wants to enter an empty LMS!
- Stuck for content? check out this video introducing Litmos: Litmos Introduction Video