What does the Zoom Video integration do?
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with a secure, easy platform for video and audio conferencing, messaging, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms.
With Litmos' Zoom integration, training administrators can create instructor led training modules that are hosted via Zoom video conference.
With Zoom instructor led training's in Litmos, you will be able to:
- Automatically create Zoom sessions that are tied to Litmos ILT sessions and provide Learners with links into those web conferences.
- Launch Zoom as an Instructor or as a Learner directly from within Litmos.
- Generate a Zoom participation report for roll call and time spent for each learner to Litmos with a click of one button.
When creating an ILT session, select the "zoom training" type to create the Zoom session and ensure all participants receive web conference links in Litmos and via email once registered.
Activate the Zoom Integration:
- Navigate to the Account tab.
- From the Integrations sub tab, click the Zoom icon.
- Check the "Enable Zoom" box and click "Save Changes".
Note: You will need a paid Zoom account before you set up the link with Litmos.
Authorize Zoom Session Generation for Administrators and Instructors:
- Navigate to the "My Profile & Settings" link located in the top right of the screen.
- Select "Edit my profile".
- Click "Authorize Zoom" at the bottom of the page.
Enter your username and password for Zoom.
Important Note: Each user who will be using Zoom to conduct a live training session will need to complete this step before creating ILT sessions with Zoom links or launching integrated Zoom sessions.
How To Create a Zoom Session in Litmos:
- Go to the Courses tab and select the course that the Zoom session will be created in.
- Create a new ILT module in the course and create a new ILT session, or, select an existing ILT module and create a Zoom web-conference link on an existing ILT session by selecting the "Zoom Training" session type.
- Enter a name for the session, date, time, seats available, and any other information. In the drop-down menu labeled "Type", ensure "Zoom Training" is selected and click "Save".
Important Note: Zoom sessions can only be created by users that have authorized their Zoom profile with their Litmos user profile. See the instructions above for a guide on authorization.
To launch a session with Zoom as an Administrator or Instructor:
- Go to the Courses tab and open the course that the Zoom web-conference session is in.
- Select the ILT module from the right hand column.
- Select the session to start.
- Select the "Launch Zoom" link associated with the correct day.
Retrieve Roll Call information from Zoom:
This feature is not yet available with the Zoom integration. Please stand by while Litmos works with Zoom to implement this capability.
To access a Zoom web conference as a Learner:
- While viewing the Learner view, find the session you're registered to under "Your Registered Sessions", or, view "Available Sessions" and register to the Zoom training session.
- Select the "Launch Zoom Training" link:
Important Note: Due to the requirements of Zoom, all learners who use the Zoom link must have an email address. This email address must be unique in order to successfully register to a Zoom meeting and access the web-conference link in Litmos.