Occasionally, emails sent from Litmos will be directed to the recipient's spam folder. Unfortunately, this is beyond our control and we are unable to direct all emails to a recipient's inbox. However, understanding why this occurs can help to prevent or handle any future issues. Below are some of the common reasons why emails are directed to the spam folder.
- The Junk Mail filter has identified one or more keywords that spammers repeatedly use in their messages.
- The recipient has flagged the sender as someone that sends spam.
- The recipient's internet service provider has filtered the mail as spam or junk mail based on the content or the senders IP address.
- The email contains an attachment with the message.
- The email contains HTML code.
- The email contains pictures.
- The email was addressed to a large group of people (either in the 'TO' or using 'CC').
- The recipient has set up 'rules' in their mail program that are too generic and therefore tagging your mail as spam.