The Learner Upload module allows learners to upload files as a module that contributes to their course completion status. This can either be uploaded and evaluated by an Administrator to mark as complete or can be marked complete upon learner upload.
Learner uploads are ideally used for:
- file uploads
- recording licenses /qualification/ external training details. Practising certificates, first-aid certificates, driving or machinery licenses are examples of items that can be recorded.
Learner Uploads are suitable where recording external training is consistent across a set of users and/or verification is required. For example: You could use a learner upload module to record a first aid certificate as all staff are required to have a valid first aid certificate.
To Create a Learner Upload Module
Create learner upload module as part of a course.
The default module setting will remain with a type of 'Assignment' as seen below.
Select the Type. The default value is Assignment.
Click Save to add the new module.
If you would like to use the Learner Upload to record a license/qualification or external training, click on the pencil icon to edit the module settings.
The Learner Upload Screen Title will display. Default text is added when the module type is selected. (This will not change if the module type is altered.) Administrators can change this text to any relevant text. It will display as the title text for the Learner within the Learner Upload Module.
The Additional Certification Fields:
- Date Achieved
- Certificate or Registration Number
- Expiration Date
can each be set to Visible or Visible and Mandatory.
Update the required fields and save module.
The course compliance settings can also be used with a learner upload module where the course and learner upload module are being used for compliance purposes.
Once the course has been created it can then be assigned to learners (or where appropriate can be added to the course library for self-enrolment).
Uploading a File as a Learner
When a learner navigates to the Learner Upload module, they will be able to upload a variety of file types (see below for a list), write a comment fill in the set fields and submit the file.
At this step, the learner can upload up to 3 pieces of evidence and will be required to fill in all mandatory fields.
Accepted file types: pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, avi, wmv, mpg, mpeg, 3gp, flv, m4v, mp4, mp3, wav, mid, xls, xlsx, htm, html, txt, mov, rtf, key, pages, numbers, psd.
File size limit for Learner Upload is: 250 mb
Next, they click to submit their module for verification or marking.
Once submitted, the module becomes available for marking via the marking widget or courses quick report.
Marking a File Uploaded by a Learner
To mark Uploaded files for your learners, you can navigate to any one of the following:
- Dashboard - Select "Go to Marking" in the Marking Required box and select the module name of the Learner Upload module.
- Course - Select "Marking required" from within the Content sub tab of the course
- Reports - Select "Required" from Module Quick Report. Then search for the module and click "Marking Required" for that learner
Once in the Marking screen, select the user and:
- Download the file
- Give the Learner a score
- Give a comment
And select "Finish Marking".
Reporting/Viewing Marked Files
Once a file has been marked, the learner will be able to see:
- The pass mark
- Their score
- View their results including the ability to download the file, view their notes, and view the admin's comments. They will also be able to download this as a PDF or Excel file.
Admins will be able to see:
- Completion status and score
- Past attempts or results for past uploads (they will not be able to download past attempt uploads)
Note: Only the file for the most recent attempt will be available for download; however, the score given will be available.