The Learner Upload module allows learners to upload files as a module that contributes to their course completion status. This can either be uploaded and evaluated by an Administrator to mark as complete or can be marked complete upon learner upload.
To Create a Learner Upload Module
- Navigate to the Content section of a Course Content tab.
- Select "Learner Upload" from the Create menu.
- Give the Learner Upload module a title, select any other settings, and click "Save".
- Give the Learner Upload a description and Question to help your learners understand the purpose or instructions for the checklist.
- Set any optional settings
- Click "Save".
Only one file can be uploaded per user per module. If a learner will be required to upload more than one file, a module for every file will need to be created.
Uploading a File as a Learner
When a learner navigates to the Learner Upload module, they will be able to upload a variety of file types (see below for a list), write a comment and submit the file. Once the file has been submitted, they can upload another file which will remove the previous file uploaded.
Accepted file types: pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, avi, wmv, mpg, mpeg, 3gp, flv, m4v, mp4, mp3, wav, mid, xls, xlsx, htm, html, txt, mov, rtf, key, pages, numbers, psd.
file size limit for Learner Upload is: 250 mb
Marking a File Uploaded by a Learner
To mark Uploaded files for your learners, you can navigate to any one of the following:
- Dashboard - Select "Go to Marking" in the Marking Required box and select the module name of the Learner Upload module.
- Course - Select "Marking required" from within the Content sub tab of the course
- Reports - Select "Required" from most of the many reports that contain the "Marking" column. For example: Reports > Courses > Course Title > User name.
Once in the Marking screen, select the user and:
- Download the file
- Give the Learner a score
- Give a comment
And select "Finish Marking".
Reporting/Viewing Marked Files
Once a file has been marked, the learner will be able to see:
- The passmark
- Their score
- View their results including the ability to download the file, view their notes, and view the admin's comments. They will also be able to download this as a PDF or Excel file.
Admins will be able to see:
- Completion status and score
- Past attempts or results for past uploads (they will not be able to download past attempt uploads)
Note: Only the file for the most recent attempt will be available for download; however, the score given will be available.