- Create a Learner Upload Module
- The Learner Experience
- Accepted File Types and Size
- How to Administratively Upload a File on Behalf of a Learner
- Perform Marking and Download the Learner Upload File(s)
- Download or Report on the Uploads
The Learner Upload module type allows learners (or admins on behalf of the learner) to upload files (up to 3 files per module, no larger than 250MB in size each). Optionally, the module may be set to require Marking by an admin so that the module won't become complete until an Admin has reviewed the upload.
Learner Upload Modules might be used for:
- Submitting written assignments
- Submitting documentation such as Driver's or other licenses which can remain on file and be reviewed administratively
Create a Learner Upload Module
Note: The Learner Upload module type must be created from within a course via the Content,>Courses tab and cannot be created via the Module Library.
- Navigate to a course and select Add Modules,>Create,>Learner Upload module
- Now name the module,>Place a directive to learner in the Question field (i.e. Please upload your driver's license),>Select a module 'Type' (based on your use case), and Save
- Click the Pencil icon to select additional settings, such as whether the upload will require Marking (review) by an Admin before the module will become complete for learners
Additional Certification Fields:
If you would like to use the Learner Upload to record a license/qualification or external training, click on the pencil icon to edit the Additional Certification Fields in the module's Settings.
The Learner Upload Screen Title will display. Default text is added when the module type is selected. (This will not change if the module type is altered.) Administrators can change this text to any relevant text. It will display as the title text for the Learner within the Learner Upload Module.
The Additional Certification Fields can each be set to Visible or Visible and Mandatory:
The Learner Experience
When a learner navigates to the Learner Upload module, they will be able to upload a variety of file types (see below for a list), write a comment, fill in the required fields, and Submit (up to 3 files can be submitted per module).
Once a file has been Marked, the Learner will be able to navigate to the module to see:
- The passmark and their Score
- Their results including the ability to download the file, view their notes, and view the admin's comments. They will also be able to download this as a PDF or Excel file.
Accepted File Types and Size
Learner upload File size limit is 250MB per file and up to 3 files can be uploaded per module. The file extension will need to be in lowercase.
How to Administratively Upload a File on Behalf of a Learner
- From the course's People subtab, click the user's Edit Results button
- Click the Upload Files button for the appropriate module
- Populate the Comments and other fields then click Submit
Perform Marking and Download the Learner Upload File(s)
There are several ways in which Marking can be performed:
- Dashboard - Select "Go to Marking" in the Marking Required box and select the module name of the Learner Upload module.
- Course - Select "Marking required" from within the Content sub tab of the course
- Reports - Select "Required" from Module Quick Report. Then search for the module and click "Marking Required" for that learner
- Results Adjustment History page. - Select Learner from the People List. Select the "Courses" menu. Click the "Edit" button next to the relevant course. Click the "Marking Required" Button.
Download or Report on the Uploads
See results and Download or view the uploaded files from within Quick Reports at: Modules,>Search for and click on the Module title to see results. Click on a user's name to view their results details or download their file(s). To view past attempts, use the dropdown arrow.
See results at: Reporting Engine,>User,>Details,>Results,>Learner Upload. Choose from among a variety of Fields to Display such as: Certificate Number, Date Achieved and Expiration Date, Answer and Marking Comments.