Use the "Embed Content from Another Website" Module to show media that is hosted on an external site such as YouTube or Vimeo.
The placeholders allow you to reference content that may be specific to a user, course, or module. To accomplish this you would first need to create content that is hosted outside of Litmos using a URL that contains one or more of the available placeholders. This url will then be entered in the embed text field using proper embed HTML code. The following placeholders are available:
Using the Complete the module when opened/ viewed option
Because Litmos is unable to determine how long an embedded module is, by default, this module will complete as soon as a learner views it.
By unchecking this box, this option allows you to set the completed status through the Developer API instead of having it mark complete automatically.
Finding the Embed Link on YouTube
One of the most common sites to embed content from is YouTube. To find the embed code from YouTube:
- Navigate to the video on YouTube to embed.
- Select "Share", located below the video.
- Select "Embed".
- Set the Video size and any other settings.
- Copy the code from YouTube and paste it into the "Embed text" field of an Embed module within Litmos.
Please see the YouTube help guide for more information.
Note: Users may not be able to view the content if the video is set to private.
Finding the Embed Link on Vimeo
One of the most common sites to embed content from is Vimeo. To find the embed code from Vimeo:
- Navigate to the video on Vimeo to embed.
- Select the Paper Plane icon, located in the top right corner of the video.
- Select "Show Options" to change the Video size and any other settings.
- Copy the code from Vimeo and paste it into the "Embed text" field of an Embed module within Litmos.