Modules are the different types of content that can be created or loaded into a course. All modules must exist within a course, and each module is responsible for providing one type of content. There are three ways to add modules into courses: Upload, Create, and Browse.
About the Content Creator
Note: Upload modules have a file limit. For more information see this article. A course can only have a limit of 60 modules; however, the total course does not have a file size limit.
- Live session or ILT
- Page of Information
- User Checklist
- Embed content from another website
- Link to another website
- Learner Upload
- Video Assessment
Create a Module
- Create a Course or select one to add additional modules to.
- Open the Content sub tab of the Course (by default, this is the first tab selected when opening a course).
- Select "Add Content".
- Select if you want to Upload modules, Create modules or Browse modules.
- Select the module or type to add.
To edit an existing module:
- Select an existing Course.
- Navigate to the Content sub tab of the Course (by default, this is the first tab selected when opening a course).
- Select the title of the module to update.
- Make the changes necessary and click Save.
Important Note: When a module is updated and the "Change affects up-to-date..." box has been checked, the user will be notified and the course will move to their To-Do list on their home page. This option is no longer checked by default.
Standard Module Settings
- Title - Title of the Module
- Description - Description of the module
- Active - Activate or deactivate the module to show or hide the module from learners
- Change affects up-to-date status and the course will be placed back on Learner’s To-Do list - When checked, Completed courses will show back on the Learner’s To Do list with a “Course Updated” tag.
- Send email to learner once the module is completed - Send an email to the learner when the module has been marked complete