Some module types can be set to lock so that learners must complete the training in the order listed, or to keep the learner from accessing the training out of order. Modules will lock under the following conditions:
- When 'Lock Assessment' has been selected in the Assessment settings, the assessment will lock after the set number of learner attempts
- Once a 'Survey' module has been completed one time. So that results won't skew, the survey module is module type where locking can't be turned off, however an admin can manually unlock a survey so that a user can complete the survey again.
- When 'Module Order' has been checked within course Settings, learners will be forced to complete the modules in the order listed in the course. In other words, the learner will not be able to move on to module two until module one is complete, and so on. No skipping around!
How to unlock a module to allow a learner to move on with the course:
- Go to the "Courses" tab on the Administrators view
- Select the course that contains the module to unlock
- Navigate to the People sub tab
- Select "Edit this result" next to the learner
- Select "Edit" next to the name of the previous module to be unlocked
- Check the Completed box and set a Date Completed and Reason for change
7. Click the "Save" button