Litmos integrates with all SAML 2.0 providers, however, since the configuration for each Identity Provider is different you might come across a few errors along the way. This guide will help you understand the common error messages so you can troubleshoot and resolve the issues.
1) SAML Setting not enabled in Litmos:
- Your organizations SAML integration is not currently enabled.
2) Also error message for not having SAML enabled in Litmos:
- Error Logging into Litmos, please contact your administrator error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index Progress 4c Origin: 34313
3) 509 Certificate not in Litmos:
- Error logging into Litmos, please contact your administrator error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Progress: 5 c Origin: 21880
4) Incorrect 509 Certificate:
- Error logging into Litmos, please contact your administrator error: Cannot find the requested object. Progress: 5 c Origin: 21880
5) NameID or Mapped Attribute error:
- Error logging into Litmos, please contact your administrator. 6a Origin: 28853
If you continue to receive an error after troubleshooting the issue, please record a Fiddler Session and send the Fiddler file as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can investigate this issue for you. When recording the Fiddler session please keep a few things in mind:
- Ensure that the Fiddler session captures the POST call to your Litmos endpoint.
- Confirm that Fiddler's session is unencrypted. To confirm this, within Fiddler go to "Tools" -> "Fidder Options" -> "HTTPS" -> and check "Capture HTTPS CONNECts" as well as "Decrypt HTTPS traffic"
- Please include your 509 Certificate in the ticket to support as well.
Once our team has reviewed the Fiddler dump we will be able to provide you with detailed instructions on steps towards a resolution.
Or run through the troubleshooting steps with Fiddler by following the steps in this article.