What is Dropbox and what does the integration do?
Dropbox simplifies your work, with a central place to access and share files. They’re easy to find and safely synced across all your devices—so you can access them anytime, anywhere. Dropbox is built for creative collaboration. Share a big file—PowerPoint, Photoshop, Sketch—with anyone. You’ve all got the right version, and everybody’s on the same page.
The Dropbox integration for Litmos can be used by Administrators to link content from Dropbox into a course as a new course module. This function allows files and folders that are stored and viewed on Dropbox, to automatically update the module content that is linked into Litmos from Dropbox.
Enabling the Dropbox Integration
The Dropbox integration can be enabled by performing the steps below:
- Log into Litmos as an Account Owner.
- Navigate to Accounts > Integrations.
- Select the Dropbox Icon.
- Check the box "Enable Dropbox file chooser" and click "Save Changes".
Adding Dropbox content into Courses as new Modules
To add files from Dropbox into a Litmos Course, perform the steps below:
- Navigate to a course as an Administrator.
- Click on the "Content" tab within the course.
- Click the "Add content" button
- From the menu, select Dropbox.
- Next, Log into Dropbox. If you're already logged in, you will see an option to choose content from Dropbox.
- Select the content from Dropbox and click the "Choose" button
- Add the finishing touches to the Link Module that is being created for the Dropbox content
- Click "save" to create the new module.
Important Note: Dropbox files and entire file folders can also be added to a course module via the Page of Information module. Create a new Page of Information Module, save that module, click the edit icon and proceed to link Dropbox content into that Page of Information module:
Editing Files to a Page of Information
Edit the files and folders linked in Litmos directly from your Dropbox account. The edits to the folders or files will automatically update in Litmos
Note: Your learners will need access to the files or folders linked in Litmos.