WebEx Training Center is a web conferencing tool. By integrating WebEx Training Center with Litmos, you will be able to:
- Automatically create WebEx sessions.
- Create a link to your WebEx sessions available automatically to your learners.
- Launch WebEx as an instructor or as a learner.
- Have WebEx report roll call and time spent for each learner to Litmos with a click of one button.
To Enable WebEx
Before WebEx can be used by any user, an Account Owner will first need to enable it for the account. This can be done by:
- Navigate to the Account tab.
- From the Integrations sub tab, select the icon next to WebEx.
- Check the "Enable Webex Training" box and click "Save Changes"
To Authorize WebEx
Each user who will be an instructor will need to enable WebEx for their user. This can be done by:
- Navigate to the "My Profile & Settings" link located in the top right of the screen.
- Select "Edit my profile".
- Select the "Authorize WebEx" link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your WebEx "Site Name." If your site name is "https://john.webex.com" only enter "John" in the WebEx Site Name field.
- Go to your Admin account in WebEx then Site Settings. Scroll down to the Centers sub-section and uncheck the box "All sessions must have a password"
Note: Each user who will be using to conduct a WebEx session will need to complete this step
Note: If the user has changed their password, they will need to authorize the account again.
To create a session with WebEx in Litmos:
- Go to the Courses tab and select the Course that the WebEx session will reside.
- Either: Create a new ILT module from the Add a module drop down or select an existing ILT module and create a new session.
- Enter a name for the session, dates and time, and any other information. Select an instructor that has WebEx authorized and in the dropdown menu labeled "Type" select "WebEx" and click "Save".
Note: WebEx sessions can only be created when the instructor has authorized WebEx. See the instructions above for instructions on how to authorize WebEx for an instructor.
Note: Currently, Litmos only supports WebEx sessions that use VOIP.
Getting the Attendance
Once the session has occurred, the attendance can be retrieved by:
- Navigating to the ILT module
- Select "Roll Call"
- Select the correct ILT session from the dropdown menu
- Select "Get Attendance"
Note: The attendance will only be available once it has populated in WebEx. This can take up to 24 hours. You can check the status of this information by logging into WebEx, going to "My WebEx" and selecting "My Reports".