What is Zendesk and what does the Zendesk integration do?
Zendesk is a customer service platform. It is designed for companies that want to create customer relationships that are more meaningful, personal, and productive. Zendesk helps companies provide support with self-service and proactive engagement. Features include a ticketing system, knowledge base, community forums, help desk software, IT Help Desk, tech specs and more. In fact, this support article was created with Zendesk.
Litmos' integration with Zendesk provides support agents with a Litmos app that sits in the ticketing system, and this gives agents the ability to assign customers to courses, learning paths and teams in Litmos or even view their training results right from the Zendesk ticket.
Zendesk Integration Configuration
- Log into Zendesk as an Administrator and proceed to this link:
- On the Litmos LMS app listing page, click "Install" to proceed to the app installation process. Be sure to select an account to install the Litmos app into.
- Enter the Title of the App (what your agents will see it listed in the Apps bar), Company name, API key (see the article in the note below), API Limit (see note below), and which user roles in Zendesk will be granted access to the app in Zendesk.
Important Note: To gain access to your API key, view this article: Retrieving your API key.
Note: API Limit is the number of Litmos items that will be listed within the Zendesk app. The recommended number is 5 to 10 and the max is 100.
Using the Litmos app in Zendesk
When an agent accesses a Zendesk support ticket that presents an opportunity to assign a training course, the first step is to review if this customer is created as a Learner in Litmos. If the customer already has a user profile in Litmos, the app will not prompt the agent to create a user. However, if the customer has no Litmos profile it will prompt the agent to create a new user in Litmos and send the user a welcome message for login.
Once a customer user exists in Litmos, the agent can perform a variety of Litmos actions by clicking the "Choose an action..." drop-down from within the app menu. These actions include the following:
- Assign to Courses - Navigate through a list of courses and assign users to one or more courses
- Assign to Learning Path - Navigate through a list of learning paths and assign users to one or more learning path
- Assign to Teams - Navigate through a list of teams and assign users to one or more teams
- View Assigned Training Results - Navigate through a list of courses to see the progress of courses they are assigned to.
To navigate back to the Learner details and perform an additional action, select the "Home" button.
Select the "Litmos LMS" link to email firstname.lastname@example.org.