What is GoToTraining and why should I integrate it with Litmos?
GoToTraining is the simplest answer to online learning, with the most reliable features to help you before, during and after your sessions. Whether you’re new to training or a veteran, GoToTraining is the right software for training, virtually or in a hybrid situation. Keep your attendees involved with in-session collaboration, breakout sessions for small groups, detailed analytics and more.
GoToTraining offers a web conferencing solution designed specifically around elearning and training, and these web conference sessions can be integrated with Litmos ILT sessions.
By integrating GoToTraining with Litmos, you will be able to:
- Automatically create GoToTraining sessions that are tied to Litmos ILT sessions and provide Learners with links into that web conference.
- Launch GoToTraining as an instructor or as a learner directly from within Litmos.
- Generate a GoToTraining report for roll call and time spent for each learner to Litmos with a click of one button.
Activate the GoToTraining Integration:
- Navigate to the Account tab.
- From the Integrations sub tab, select the LogMeIn Icon (previously Citrix).
- Check the "Enable GoToTraining box and click "Save Changes"
Note: You will need a paid GoToTraining account before you set up the link with Litmos.
Authorize GoToTraining Session Generation for Users:
- Navigate to the "My Profile & Settings" link located in the top right of the screen.
- Select "Edit my profile".
- Select the "Authorize GoToTraining" link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your username and password for GoToTraining.
Important Note: Each user who will be using to conduct a GoToTraining session will need to complete this step before creating ILT sessions with GoToTraining links or launching integrated GoToTraining sessions.
How To Create a GoToTraining Session in Litmos:
- Go to the Courses tab and select the Course that the GoToTraining session will reside.
- Create a new ILT module in the Course and create a new ILT session, or, select an existing ILT module and create a web conference link on an existing ILT session.
- Enter a name for the session, dates and time, and any other information. In the drop-down menu labeled "Type" select "GoToTraining" and click "Save".
Important Note: GoToTraining sessions can only be created by users that have authorized their GoToTraining profile with their Litmos user profile. See the instructions above for a guide on authorization.
To start a session with GoToTraining:
- Go to the Courses tab and select the Course that the GoToTraining session is in.
- Select the ILT module from the right hand column.
- Select the session to start.
- Select the "Launch GoToTraining" link associated with the correct day.
Retrieve Roll Call information from GoToTraining:
Once the web conference session has ended, the attendance can be retrieved by following the steps below:
- Navigating to the ILT module
- Select the "Roll Call" tab
- Find the ILT session from the drop-down menu
- Click "Get Attendance"
To access the GoToTraining as a Learner:
- While in Learner view, find the session title in the "Sessions I'm attending section" located on the right of the Home tab or navigate to the course, and register for the session if not already registered.
- Select the Launch GoToTraining link.
Note: Due to the requirements of GoToTraining, all learners who use the GoToTraining link must have a first name and an email address.