You can write a ‘Brief’ and a ‘Full’ description for courses you want to sell, which will appear on your course listing page and the PayPal payment page, respectively. This means that your students can read more information about your courses before they purchase them.
To add these eCommerce course descriptions please use the following instructions:
- Log in to your Litmos account
- Click on the ‘Courses’ tab and then select the course you want to sell
- Click on the ‘Settings’ tab
- Scroll down to the ‘eCommerce’ area
- Check the box next to “I want to sell this course”
- Add a price and currency for this course
- Type in a “Brief description” for your course in the box provided (250 characters including spaces) which will appear on your main course listing page for students to read. This is just a few lines about the course but when the student clicks on the course title or the ‘Register for this Course’ link they will be directed to the payment page which has an in-depth ‘Full’ description as outlined in Step #6.
- Write a ‘Full Description’ for your course in the appropriate box. This description appears on the PayPal payment page, after a student has clicked on the title of the course from your course listing page.
NB. If you choose not to add a Brief or Full description but you are going to sell the course, then the description that appears on your course listing page defaults to the original course description written when the course was created from the “Edit Course Settings” main area. Please be aware that this description is restricted to 250 characters.
Finally, if you copy and paste your descriptions in from a program like Microsoft Word you will encounter inconsistencies in how your descriptions appear on your Course listing page. This is because all Microsoft documents have formatting within them which, although they may not be visible when you paste it in, cause issues when pasted in to the HTML editor. To stop this from happening, please type your descriptions in manually or paste it in from a plain text editor.