Account Owners can create Custom Fields for all courses to capture data about the course. To use this feature, an Account Owner will first enable and create the custom fields, defining the field title and field type. After the field has been created, the fields can be filled out for each course from within the Course settings. The limit is 10 custom fields. These fields can then be included in reports and exposed to Learners in order to see additional information about the course.
To Enable Custom Fields for a Course
- Navigate to the "Accounts" tab.
- Select the "Litmos Features" sub tab.
- Click on "Custom Fields" link.
- Select "Enable Custom Fields" and click "Save".
Creating Custom Fields for a Course
From within the "Custom Fields" section in Accounts > Features, select "Add Custom Field", give the Field a name and any of the additional information below:
Default Value - Each time a course is created, the Default Value will appear in the Custom Field.
Custom Field Type - The type of information to be captured in that field. The options are:
- String - Administrators can enter a string of characters
- Number - Administrators can enter a number
- Date - Administrators can choose a date
- Dropdown - Pre-populate specific fields for Administrators to choose from
Mandatory - Require this field to be populated in order to save the course settings
Visible to Learner - Learner will be able to see the information by selecting "More Information" from within a course
Note: Enabling and creating custom fields can only be done by a user with the Account Owner access role.
Want to learn more about Custom Fields? Check out the "Account: Litmos Features and Integrations" course in Litmos Dojo.