How many courses and modules can I have in my Litmos account?
There's no limit to the number of courses or how much space you can use but there is a limit of 60 modules per course. If you require more than 60 modules for your course, advice is to group them into courses and put the courses in a Learning Path.
It's easy to get started assigning your training content:
- Create a course at Content,>Courses, or navigate to an existing course and add new modules by selecting 'Choose a file', or 'Create', or 'Browse', or by dragging a file into the light grey area labeled 'Drop Files Here'
- Apply course Settings and module Settings for your use case at the course's Settings tab, or for modules by clicking on the module title or using the module's pencil icon. Tip: Always review the settings available within each module type since options will vary by module type. For example, you may wish to have some or all of the modules in your course open in a new window with no browser toolbar. This can be set in each module's Settings page, or can be set at the course's Settings level in order to effect alll modules.
- Assign training to users by clicking on the “People” sub tab
Create and Edit or Manage Courses:
Click on Content,>Courses tab to access the Litmos Content Creator. You'll return a list of all the courses that you have available in Litmos. To create a new course, click on the green “Create a New Course” button, otherwise you can edit or manage existing courses by clicking on a course title.
Course Title, Reference Code, and Description fields:
Title, Reference Code and Description are used to help admins and learners locate and identify courses and learning paths.
What admins see:
- Title and Description when viewing or previewing a course
- Search by Title or Reference Code for existing courses in the Content Builder (Content,>Courses)
- Elect to report on the data field of Title, Reference Code and/or Description in the Reporting Engine
What learners see:
For courses, learners will see the Course Title and Description as well as the Module Titles. For learning paths, they'll see Learning Path Title and Description in addition to the Course Title and Description and Module Titles
For courses set to be available in the Content Library, learners can search for courses/learning paths there by:
- Course Title
- Course Description
- Course Reference Code
- Module Title
- Module Description
- Learning Path title
- Learning Path description
Add a New Module in a Course:
Add training content to your course by uploading your existing file to create an 'Upload' module, or by adding one of our 'Create' modules, such as an Assessment or Survey, or by 'Browse' to search for an existing module to Copy, Link or Mirror into your course.
- Video – Upload a video file (.avi, .wmv, .mpg, .mov, .flv, .m4v, .mp4 of max file size: 1GB) - The video will be viewable in a similar format to that of YouTube but is secure so that only the assigned users can see it.
- PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, or Keynote saved as PDF or a PowerPoint Format) – Upload your presentations (max file size: 30Mb) and they will be viewable online without requiring users to have PowerPoint installed on their computer.
- SCORM – Upload a SCORM 1.2 or 2004 version compliant zip file. Anything from Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, etc. will work! Max file size is 500MB
- AICC (.zip) = 500MB
Create Module Types:
- Assessment - Create an assessment containing Multiple Choice, Keyword, and Free Text / Essay style questions
- Survey – Create a simple survey using a mixture of different question types to gauge the effectiveness of your course, or just find out more about your trainees.
- Page of information - Create a page of text or an intricate page with HTML.
- Live Session or ILT - Track and manage your classroom and webinar live training for synchronous or blended learning.
- User Checklist - Have your learners mark off items or have your administrators evaluate your learners.
- Embed - Use this option to embed publicly available content from other websites such as YouTube or SlideShare.
- Link to another website - IFrame content from another website into your Litmos instance.
- Copy, Link or Mirror – Use the Browse button to search for an existing module to copy (duplicate), or link or mirror into your course. If a module is “Linked” between one or more courses the trainee will only have to complete it once in one of the courses. Please see this article prior to using the feature: Copying Modules- to 'Copy', 'Link' or 'Mirror'?
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ILT, User Checklist and Leaner Upload modules will not be available in the browse section. If you need to add any of these 3 module types into your course, they must be created in the course.
Course History tab
The "History" tab in a course shows admins the dates and changes that have been made to the course, including:
- Course created
- Course settings changed
- Modules added
- Modules updated
- Modules deleted
- Modules made optional
- Modules made mandatory
- Reference Materials added
Assign Training to Users:
- To assign a course or learning path, click the “People” subtab of the course or learning path.
- Click “Assign to existing users” which allows you select users that already have accounts created.
- Alternatively, Click on the “Import new people” button which allows you to enter a comma-separated list of email addresses of users to be assigned to the course and Litmos will automatically create an account for each user and send them a welcome email with login link.