Within the user profile there are 4 access levels of permission available, with Learner having the lowest level of access and Account Owner having the highest. Every person in a Litmos account has the ability to complete training courses from a Learner perspective.
- Team Admin/Team Leader
- Account Owner
Note: There are no limit to the number of users that can be assigned to any given access level.
By default all new people that you add to your Litmos account have the Learner access level.
- Learners only have access to the training that is assigned to them or is listed in the Course Library.
- Learners can only view their own results and not those of other people in your organisation.
- Unless the unrestricted messages option is enabled. Learners can only send messages to Administrators or to other members of any teams that they may belong to.
Team Admin/Team Leader
Team Admins/Leaders have the ability to manage all of the assigned training and results for the people in the team that they are team leader of. Any trainee can be promoted to Team Leader by clicking on the "Promote" button found next to their name on the the relevant team page and selecting either Team Admin or Team Leader. If a user is promoted to the Team Leader Access level from their profile, they will not gain access to view or manage a team until they have been Promoted to team leader within a particular team.
Below are actions Team Leaders and Team Admins can perform if they are given proper permission, which is specified.
- Team Admins/Leaders have full control over the team that they are team leader of and also any sub-teams under that team.
- Team Admins/Leaders can add/remove training courses to any teams they control.
- If given permission, Team Admins/Leaders can add/remove people to teams they control.
- Adding people can be achieved by creating them one by one or in bulk.
- If given permission, Team leaders can create new teams under teams they control.
- Team Admins/Leaders can promote other team members to Team Admins/Leaders status for their team.
- Team Admins/Leaders can mark assessments questions for learners in their team.
- Team Admins/Leaders have access to all available Quick Reports and Legacy Reports. Only the results of people in their teams will be visible.
- This includes survey responses, average scores, average times taken, etc.
- If given permission, Team leaders can create or edit courses for their team only.
- Team Admins/Leaders cannot edit the profile of any Administrator or Account Owner.
- Team Admins/Leaders cannot promote themselves to Administrator or Account Owner.
- Team leaders cannot see all users in the account, they can only see users that are in their teams they are Team Admins/Leaders of.
- Team Admins/Leaders cannot change any account settings, logo, custom messages etc.
For more information about Team Leader and Team Admin permissions, see the help guide Team Admin/Team Leader Access Roles and Permissions support article.
Administrators have access to all courses, teams, people and results held within a Litmos account.
- Administrators can do everything a Team leader can do but they are not restricted to any particular teams.
- Administrators can create and edit training courses.
- Administrators can view results, average scores and all reports across the entire account.
- Administrators cannot change the access level of an Account Owner.
- Administrators cannot promote themselves to Account Owner.
- Administrators cannot change any account settings, logo, custom messages and anything else in the Account tab.
The account owner, by default, is the person that started a SAP Litmos account.
- Account owners can do everything that a Administrator can do as well as access the Account Settings.
- Account owners have access to Theme customization options, logo, color scheme etc.
- Account owners have access to billing information and account type.
- Account owners can create an unlimited number of Account Owners.
- Account owners can change the Access level of any other user to any of the four Access levels.
- Account owners can enable or disable the permissions for the Team Admin or Team Leader Roles (Access Levels).
Instructors and Managers
See article for information about: ILT Instructor Access
See article for information about: Manager Access