In every Litmos account there are 4 levels of permission available, with Learner having the lowest level of access and Account Owner having the highest. Every person in a Litmos account has the ability to complete training courses from a learner perspective.
- Team Leader/ Team Admin
- Account Owner
Note: There are no limits to the number of users that can be assigned to any given access role.
By default all new people that you add to your Litmos account start off life at the Learner level.
- Learners only have access to the training that is assigned to them or is listed in the Course Library.
- Learners can only view their own results and not those of other in your organisation.
- Unless the unrestricted messages option is enabled Learners can only send messages to Administrators or to other members of any teams that they may belong to.
Team Leader/ Team Admin
Team Leaders have the ability to manage all of the assigned training and results for the people in the team that they are team leader of. Any trainee can be promoted to Team Leader by clicking on the "Promote" button found next to their name on the the relevant team page and selecting either Team Admin or Team Leader. If a user is promoted to the Team Leader Access level from their profile, they will not gain access to view or manage a team until they have been Promoted to team leader within a particular team.
Below are actions Team Leaders and Team Admins can perform if they are given proper permission, which is specified.
- Team leaders have full control over the team that they are team leader of and also any sub-teams under that team.
- Team leaders can add/remove training courses to any teams they control.
- If given permission, Team leader can add/remove people to teams they control.
- Adding people can be achieved by creating them one by one or in bulk.
- If given permission, Team leaders can create new teams under teams they control.
- Team leaders can promote other team members to Team Leader status for their team.
- Team leaders can mark assessments questions for learners in their team.
- Team leaders have access to all available reports but only the results of people in their teams will be visible.
- This includes survey responses, average scores, average times taken etc.
- If given permission, Team leaders can create or edit courses for their team only.
- Team leaders cannot edit the profile of any Administrator or Account Owner.
- Team leaders cannot promote themselves to Administrator or Account Owner.
- Team leaders cannot see all users in the account, they can only see users that are in teams they control.
- Team leaders cannot change any account settings, logo, custom messages etc.
For more information about Team Leader and Team Admin permissions, see the help guide Team Admin/ Team Leader.
Administrators have access to all courses, teams, people and results held within a Litmos account.
- Administrators can do everything a Team leader can do but they are not restricted to any particular teams.
- Administrators can create and edit training courses.
- Administrators can view results, average scores and all reports across the entire account.
- Administrators cannot change the access level of an Account Owner.
- Administrators cannot promote themselves to Account Owner.
- Administrators cannot change any account settings, logo, custom messages and anything else in the Account tab.
The account owner, by default, is the person that started a Litmos account.
- Account owners can do everything that a Administrator can do.
- Account owners have access to customization options, logo, color scheme etc.
- Account owners have access to billing information and account type.
- Account owners can create an unlimited number of Account Owners
- Account owners can change the Access level of any other user to any of the four Access levels