Enrollment Approvals give administrators the power to decide which Learners can be granted permission to enroll in an instructor led training session. This feature can be useful when the ILT session requires pre-certification, payment, CEU qualification or similar enrollment requirements.
When a Learner wants to attend an ILT session within a course that he or she has access to, instead of seeing a “Register” button, they will see a “Request approval” button. Once the Learner has asked requested approval to enroll in the ILT session, an email will be sent to the persons responsible for approval. These individuals will then have the power to approve the enrollment request to provide the user access to register to the session, or reject, to deny access. If multiple people are responsible for approving the ILT enrollment request (i.e. instructor, manager and course admin), the first person to approve the enrollment request will approve the request for all and the user will be granted access.
Setting Up Approvals
If Approvals have not been enabled for the account, set up approvals by first enabling the approvals feature. The following steps can be taken to activate this feature:
- Navigating to Accounts > Litmos Features
- Select the Enrollment Approvals tile
- Check the "Enable Enrollment Approvals" box and click "Save changes"
Each session within an ILT module will have their own Approval settings. This can be found by:
- Create or select the Course with the ILT session that will require approvals
- Create or select the ILT module
- Create or select the ILT session that requires approvals.
- Select who will receive the approval notification (see the section below for more details)
- Click "Save"
If an ILT session is set up for Learners to request approval, when a Learner navigates the the ILT module, they will be able to request approval before registering for the course by selecting the "Request Approval" button next to the session they would like to attend.
Once they have been approved for that session,
Who Receives Approval Notifications
Each session can have different groups of people who can approve registration into an ILT session. These options include:
- Specific User - Specify a specific user in the system. This includes users of all access roles including Learners.
- Course Notification Admin - The list of users who are selected to receive notifications for the course. This list is located in the Course settings under the "Course Notification" section.
- Manager - The user who is specified in the "Manager" field in the profile for that user.
- Instructor - The instructor of that session.
Note: Although the people/person specified will be notified if an approval has been requested, any admin will be able to approve the Learner for that session.
All admins can mark approval for a Learner from within an ILT module. To Approve a Learner for a session:
- Navigate to the Courses tab
- Select the Course the ILT module is in
- Select the ILT module
- Navigate to the "Register" tab
- Select the "Pending Approval" filter
- Select the check box next to the Users who are Pending approval
- Select either "Approve Request" or "Reject Request"
- Give a Rejection reason (for Reject Request only)
- Select "Save Changes"
Learner will then receive an email notifying them that they have been approved or rejected along with the rejection reason.
Note: Marking approvals will only be available to users with Admin view (Team Leaders, Team Admins, Administrators, and Account Owners)