Enable the ADP Employee Sync
Once an edition of the Litmos app has been purchased from the ADP Marketplace, an ADP administrator can enable the ADP Employee Sync. However, before the Employee Sync can be enabled in Litmos the ADP administrator must give Litmos consent to acquire employee information from ADP. This can be completed in two ways:
a) Access the "Connection Request" email that was sent to the ADP administrator's inbox when the Litmos app was purchased from the ADP Marketplace, and click "Initiate Consent".
b) Log into ADP to access the Consent Manager List and grant consent to Litmos LMS. Litmos will move into the "Allowed Consents" section once this is completed.
Consent Manager List:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once the ADP Admin has given consent to share employee information with Litmos LMS, the ADP Administrator will need to cross-reference the following information in ADP before performing the first ADP Employee Data Sync into Litmos:
1) Ensure that ADP Event Notifications are enabled for the Org.
2) Ensure that the correct Practitioner permissions have been configured to allow the integration user (ADP admin) an ability to view and edit all the required fields for employee sync.
3) Ensure that ADP employees who already have Litmos profiles will be synced into those profiles, and that no duplicate profiles will be created for those individuals.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ADP Employee sync has been designed to have the ADP work email field value transfer into Litmos as the Litmos username for all individuals. Therefore, it is important to make sure that your employees in ADP have a work email address, that this work email address matches the existing Litmos username for any person who may already exists as a Learner in Litmos before the 1st ADP employee sync, and that the Practitioner permissions allow access to view and edit the work email address. If the work email field in ADP is blank for any individual, or perhaps this field cannot be accessed by the ADP admin or shared via the API, then the ADP Associate ID will be used as the Litmos username when creating/syncing a Litmos profile. In this scenario, please ensure that the ADP Associate ID field value matches an existing Litmos username to avoid creating duplicate profiles.
To proceed with enabling the ADP Employee Sync, a Litmos Account Owner will log into Litmos and access the "Integrations" tab within the "Account" tab. The ADP integration listing can be accessed under the "3rd Party Integrations" section.
Here, the ADP administrator will click on the ADP listing to open a new pop-up window. The "Enable Employee Sync" option will display in this window.
WARNING: Before activating the ADP employee sync, it is important to cross-reference employees in ADP against existing Litmos profiles to ensure that ADP employee records will properly sync up to existing Litmos profiles and avoid creating duplicate profiles.
Once "Enable Employee Sync" is checked and the "Save Changes" button is clicked, another pop-up will display reading,
"The ADP Employee Sync is now enabled. Please click "OK" to initiate the employee sync process".
This means that clicking "OK" will trigger the first ADP employee sync to Litmos. In this initial sync, all ADP employees will be created in Litmos and all applicable ADP employee information will be updated for each employee that was just created in Litmos.
When the sync is processing, a new "syncing" spinner will appear along with a new "Sync ADP Data Now" button.
At this time, the "Sync ADP Data Now" button will be unavailable to use because the initial sync is processing. Once the initial sync has finished processing, the "Sync ADP Data Now" button can be used by Litmos Account Owners moving forward. When this button is clicked, Litmos will perform a real-time sync with ADP to find employees to create in Litmos, and update information in Litmos that has changed for synced employees.
The "Sync ADP Data Now" button should only be used when Litmos needs to retrieve new ADP employees and updated ADP employee information immediately. Otherwise, an employee sync will occur once-a-day automatically so that Litmos Account Owners do not have to repeatedly execute manual syncs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All ADP employees are created in Litmos, even terminated and inactive employees. These individuals will be created in Litmos as "inactive" Learners and will not have login access and will not receive notifications.
Here is the complete list of the ADP information that can be updated in Litmos for each Learner during each system sync. It is important to recognize the significance of the Work Email and Associate ID fields and review these field values for employees in ADP before performing a sync, since these fields are key to integration's user creation and use user sync processes:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Work Email - (This becomes the Litmos "username" for all ADP employees created in Litmos)
- Work Address (field not available from ADP Vantage HCM)
- Work City (field not available from ADP Vantage HCM)
- Work State (field not available from ADP Vantage HCM)
- Work Zip (field not available from ADP Vantage HCM)
- Work Country (field not available from ADP Vantage HCM)
- Work Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Employment Status (This can be active, inactive or terminated in ADP. If an employee is terminated or inactive for all work assignments, that employee will be inactive in Litmos. If however an employee has at least one active work assignment, that employee will be active in Litmos.)
- Associate ID - (This becomes the Litmos "username" if no work email address exists on the employee record in ADP. In this scenario, the Litmos email field will be blank because there's no work email address to absorb into Litmos. Beware that this will affect email communications from Litmos.)
Once an employee sync is done processing, a sync log will become available for review under the "Recent Imports" Panel within the "People" tab in Litmos. This sync log will be visible to the Litmos Account Owner who enabled the employee sync.